Find a Pet Terms and Conditions – Breeder.
We are happy to offer Find a Pet SA to legitimate breeders at a minimal annual subscription fee. We do require that you abide by the following terms and conditions for use of our service.
- By having pet listings on our site, we are promoting your pets and organization in many ways. We request that in return, if possible, you place a link to Find a Pet link on your own website. This helps search engines direct people to our site so they can find a pet to adopt near them.
- We may require paperwork proving the reputability of you as a breeder that list pets with us. Pets must be KUSA registered, inoculated, dewormed, & microchipped. They must be registered with an approved registry. You must be in possession of any local or provincial required permits necessary for your operations. You must not have any pending or confirmed animal control or criminal citations or violations. KUSA – www.kusa.co.za Reference: All organization to abide by the following acts: Animal Protection Act, 1962 (Act 71 if 1962), Performing Animals Protection Act, 1935 (Act 24 of 1935) and the Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (Act No. 169 of 1993).
- Our mission is to help companion animals waiting to be adopted. To that end, only breeders whose primary purpose is to sell their pets may be listed on Find a Pet.
- Please keep your pet listings on our site current and remove listings of pets that are no longer for adoption.
- Please respond to all pet enquiries made by the public within a reasonable time period. We kindly ask you to treat members of the public, especially those who find you through Find a Pet SA, in a courteous fashion. Rudeness hurts the cause of pet adoption. So we cannot stress this request enough. If you get more inquiries than you can respond to, or if you can’t respond to certain inquiries at all (out of country, for example), please have your voice mail or e-mail automatically give the public this information so they do not expect to hear back from you.
- Find a Pet is a family-friendly site. All pet postings and breeder information viewable by the public must be suitable for people of all ages. No profanity or anything else unsuitable for children is allowed. We want to make sure that pet adoption is perceived as a fun, positive thing for everybody!
- Only pets that are (or will soon be) available for adoption may be posted on FindaPetSA.co.za. Please do not post missing or deceased pets.
- Please be honest in your pet postings about breeds, ages, and all other information, and, when dealing with adopters, please disclose any known health or behavior issues.
- FindaPetSA.co.za require an annual application fee to post pets via FindaPetSA.co.za. The Breeder is simply allowed to charge the purchase amount of the animal, ie no admin fee for referrals from FindAPetSA.co.za can be charged by the breeder to client. The Breeder is simply responsible for their annual subscription fee.
- If you maintain multiple breeder accounts/locations on FindaPetSA.co.za, please do not post the same pets within 400 kms of each other.
- From time to time, we need to email our breeder partners to notify you about changes to the site, important new features, and other relevant information. By signing up to post pets for adoption on our site, you agree to receive these emails from us. Please note that we will never sell or rent your information to “spammers” or other third parties.
By signing up to post pets for adoption on FindaPetSA.co.za you are agreeing that FindaPetSA.co.za staff, donors, funders, board members or sponsors are not responsible for any issues that may arise out of contact you have with anyone as a result of your organisation or your pets being listed on our site.